Free walks: see what’s on your doorstep
We have a year-round programme of free, guided walks led by our experienced walks guide Aly Mir. The walks have proved extremely popular: it seems that people have a real appetite for learning more about their local area. The scope of the walks has really grown. There are now over 90 individual walks, covering everything from the area’s literary history to its criminal past.
Bespoke walks for members …
Alongside our regular programme of guided lunchtime walks, we regularly create walks for individual groups. These are completely free to inmidtown members and increasingly popular with companies looking for an unusual way to entertain foreign visitors or a stimulating extra for their own staff.
If you are planning a special event, a work day out, an office party, or someone’s leaving do, then why not include a guided walk?
- We offer bespoke walks designed around your own theme.
- We can design a walk taking you from your workplace to a chosen venue, pointing out places of interest en route. We can add in a quiz or even a pub stop!
- Discover the history of the road where your business is based, or simply choose from our existing walks, including gruesome tales, popular culture and ghost stories.
- Once you have made your choice our guide will lead our own private walk, just for your employees, at a date and time to suit you.
- Most of our bespoke walks last 1 hour. However, there are ones that last up to 1 ½ hours if you want to go the extra mile.
If your business is recruiting new staff, we also run area introduction walks for new starters. Lasting an hour these take a lighthearted look at the history of Bloomsbury, Holborn and St Giles and provide up to date information on local facilities, including transport links and services provided by the inmidtown BID.
A full list of the bespoke walks currently available for inmidtown members is found here.
If you would like us to arrange a bespoke tour or an induction walk for your staff, please contact us on 020 7078 7077 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, just turn up for one of our regular, scheduled walks.
What our members say …
“As part of our induction to new starters, we had a private guided tour of Holborn, St Giles and Bloomsbury and Aly could not have been a better guide. His knowledge of the area and local history is amazing and made us all look forward for the next tour” Sandra Medeiros, HR Manager, Doubletree by Hilton London – West End, 2012.
“Fantastic! I love walks like these, and the tour guide left you wanting more.” Ruth Berger, Folio Society
“This area is steeped in centuries of history, and Aly really brings it all to life.” Stephen Bacon, Warner Brothers.
“Our guide, Aly, was excellent and very knowledgeable. He was very good at answering questions as well and made us feel very welcome.” Breda de Gaye, Mishcon de Reya
“A unique opportunity to get to know my workplace.” Michael Bundy, International House