A destination brand for Bloomsbury, Holborn and St Giles
During 2012, we launched GoToMidtown – a destination brand for the district. The core purpose of GoToMidtown is to raise the profile of the area pan-London, and drive people to it, so that people have a much more positive experience when visiting. It’s also important to encourage them to stay in the area as a result, and ensure that they don’t miss anything.
- A new website was launched mid-2012.
- In August 2012, we launched the world’s longest Facebook timeline, and we now have a thriving Facebook community (with a second level reach of well over a million people) as well as thousands of followers on Twitter and a small but growing circle on FourSquare.
- We’ve promoted GoToMidtown in print publications, via on-street banners, and even on the sides of busses travelling throughout London.
- In August 2012, we opened up our GoToMidtown shop on the doorstep of the UK’s number one tourist attraction (the British Museum), to provide help and free advice to people visiting the area.
- We have also made enhancements to our very popular information kiosk outside Holborn tube station.
- In summer 2012, we also launched a suite of GoToMidtown merchandise which promotes the area and the inmidtown brand, and can also be bought at our online shop.